Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Today was miserable, but tonight was fun. We've had a leak in our fridge, so Dominic and I worked on it all day. We have no food in the fridge, and the kids ran around unchecked and wild. The frustrating thing is that I think it's still leaking. Arg!

But like I said, tonight was a lot of fun. Sammy borrowed his cousin's Batman Beyond costume, Benjamin wore Dominic's dragon outfit (the one he wore at 2-years-old), and Elisa was a pink butterfly. Elisa actually held her bag most of the time, only dropping it twice. And of course Dominic was the Highlander, wearing all black, including the trenchcoat and a claymore sword; he loves an excuse to show off his sword. I dressed as a Mom. What can I say? It's Halloween, so I went all out. We got a lot of comments (cute kids! cool sword!) I'm very proud to say that I didn't take any of the boys' candy, though I did eat all of Elisa's - she won't eat it :)

Yesterday we went to a Halloween party at my sister Emily's house. Dominic was stuck at home sick, but he's feeling much better today. I love watching all the cousins playing together. For one thing, I notice how normal my children are in their development and behavior; it's a good reassurance.

Ok, I should go to sleep now. Between the late hour and lots of candy, I'm laughing at stupid things I see on t.v. I'm just very grateful that the day ended well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my friends came to the Halloween with normal clothes, but a sign around her neck that said: Ceilings! Yay! Go! #1
She was a ceiling fan. I do like clever, low effort costumes. Although, if you've got a sword . . .
--Jen