Sunday, October 28, 2007

5:20 am

That's right. Benjamin woke up at 5:20 am. He had already woken up 3 times before, but this time he had a legitimate reason: messy diaper, and this time he did not go back to sleep. Elisa had also woken up twice in the night. So at 5:40 am, I turned on a bible story video, gave him a gogurt and cup of water, then went back to bed. All I could think about was sleep. On the plus side he was asleep by 8 pm (bedtime is at 7:30 pm, but he usually plays for an hour before falling asleep).

The other day Dominic surprised me with movie tickets. He used to do it a lot when we were dating and first married, but it became more difficult to come up with ways to fool me. So it's been a couple of years. This time I thought we were going to the Halloween store in the mall. He "forgot" something in the car, so I volunteered to go back and get it. By the time I caught up with him, we decided to get something to eat and happened to pass the movie theater. To my surprise he walked right in and handed the guy our tickets! We were still hungry, so we bought concessions, which is an even rarer occurrence. What a fun night.

Movie Review: Seeker: the Dark is Rising. A fun film, though it's a bit scary for just a PG rating. I'm definitely interested enough to read the books it is based on, by Susan Cooper. I do regret taking the kids, who said they were scared, but I had to see the end. So I held them in my lap and told them everything would be ok.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you liked the movie? I loved the books--the whole series is good, but "The Dark is Rising" was way the best, I thought. So I was excited to see it coming out as a movie, but nervous too. I hope, I hope, I hope it's good.
--Jen