Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Happy Birthday

Today is my 30th birthday! Unlike the people who are forever 29, I am happy to be 30. I finally feel like an adult. For instance, I didn't have a big party, because I realize it's not my style. Instead I went to the park for lunch with my sister, sister-in-law, and our children. Tonight I went to Book Club. Thursday, his day off, Dominic and I are planning a date. This was a good birthday, with more fun on the way.

Book review: tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
It's a quick read, yet thought provoking. One of my favorite themes is love. Morrie's life is about the love he shows to those around him. In turn the people he affected reciprocate that love at the end of his life. I think that holds true with everyone. When you are honest and sincere in the love you share with others, they feel it and respond in kind.

No comments: