Wednesday, February 18, 2009

When lunch time and nap time collide

It's quite unfortunate that Lisy's nap time is also around lunch time. Oh I've tried to let her just go to sleep, but then she wakes up hungry and cranky. So now I hope she eats enough before collapsing. It doesn't always work. (You can almost see the remnants of her sandwich in her hands.)





And while going through old pictures with the kids, I discovered this little gem from last May. By that time Benjamin had sworn off all naps. Uh, yeah, he still needs them occasionally.



I'm such a cruel mother. I should put those children to bed! But they make such cute pictures. Unfortunately, I don't have any documentation of Sammy, so either he never fell asleep at the table or I just never caught it on film (I can't remember). However, he does sleep with his eyes open, just like his dad did as a child:



2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious. Poor sleepy children!

Ellen said...

Don't feel bad. I did the same thing on Thanksgiving. I ran for the camera while Jason actually got her out of the chair and put her to bed.