Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's a girl!

That puts me at 3 to 1. I was right about the genders of my first 3 children, so I was overconfident about guessing this one. Dominic enjoyed saying "I was right" all the way home. Elisa must have broken the trend. You see, in Dominic's family, girls are born about every 80 years. His brother's wife is also expecting a girl next month. The family gets 3 girls in 2 years! My in-laws are absolutely thrilled. Now the problem is coming up with a name; we named Lisy 2 days after she was born.

The children are very excited about their new baby. When I kiss them goodnight, they have to kiss the baby, too, which is really weird when they kiss my belly. They loved seeing the baby on the ultrasound, and they behaved well enough to stay in the room the entire time (the tech was nervous when she saw them come in). Our baby girl has no obvious birth defects :)

Before I forget, here's a story from a few months ago. I don't like to announce my pregnancies until after the first trimester, when the chance of miscarriage decreases. So I didn't tell my kids because they can't keep secrets. When I called to set up my first doctor's appointment, Sammy heard me and asked what is was for. I told him I just needed to see the doctor. He looked disappointed and said, "oh, I thought you were going to have a baby." So I confirmed his suspicion, and he was very happy. I did make him promise not to tell anyone until after my first appointment, and he actually kept his promise. Then he told everyone he met.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Yay, a girl! How exciting for you guys. You know, there are lots of lovely girl names, which our family has hardly touched.

Carol said...

Congrats! I'm still waiting for a girl to break our trend here... : (

Names are hard--good luck!

Mrs Abbott said...

Aaahhh! I am so excited for you guys! Another girl! Two boys and two girls! That's awesome! Good luck with the naming! If you start now, you should have time to find one!

Hilary said...

yay - lisy gets a sister:) congratulations!