Sunday, February 8, 2009

Date night

Alright, so it was a couple of weeks ago, but it was a great date. First, it was our first date in 4 months. Second, it saved our children's lives. I woke up from my nap and heard "Mom is going to be soo mad." And then, "Don't worry, we'll tell her we're unpacking." Ok, take deep breaths, now open the door, and . . . I didn't scream. We had 2 stacks of boxes left in the living room, and the contents, mostly books and cd's, were scattered haphazardly over the entire floor. When Dominic came home an hour later, most of the mess was straightened up, but he sent me to the store to decompress while he put together our new bookshelves.

I happily ditched the kids with the new babysitter, who turned out to be very good with children, and went off to the movies with Dominic. We finally saw Twilight. Even though it's been in theaters for over 2 months, it still fills up 1/3 of the theater. I liked that Edward couldn't stop smiling when he and Bella started dating, because it reminded me of when Dominic and I started dating - my roommates always knew when I'd been talking to him on the phone, because I couldn't stop smiling. Dominic really liked the fight scene at the end. He said it was almost exactly like he had imagined it, which made it more amazing to watch on the big screen.

We hadn't had time to eat dinner before the movie, so we stopped by Outback, Dominic's favorite steakhouse conveniently located next to the mall. The entire night was fun and carefree; a great date. The best part was coming back to my sleeping children and liking them again.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

yay for day night! way to go. glad you liked the movie:)