Sunday, October 5, 2008

Random thoughts

I haven't written for awhile, because nothing really big has happened. But I also don't want to fall out of the habit of posting, so I'll try some stream-of-consciousness writing.

The kids have been in bed for an hour, and the boys are still playing. Lisy is down to 1 nap a day. I now put her to bed after lunch or when she starts nodding off during lunch.

I enjoyed General Conference this weekend. Though I don't like how it makes Saturday feel like Sunday, and then Sunday feels like a vacation. What do you think about the Rome, Italy temple announcement? I feel like asking, "How did they pull that off?"

I really like the "Twilight" saga. Dominic thinks I like it a little too much, but compared to some people on-line, I'm not much of a fan. Besides Stephenie Meyer's website, I also peruse Twilight Lexicon.

I've had a nasty cold for the past week or so and haven't been able to run. If it stops raining, I'll run tomorrow. Lisy got me running again when I took a break after my race. You see, it had been about 3 weeks, and I was holding her while playing Tag with the kids. Every time I started running, she smiled really big. Then she kept climbing into the jogging stroller. The next day I took her running with me.

I decorated for Halloween! Luckily we don't have too much stuff, so it only took half a morning. Now Sammy says we need more decorations. I don't know - after a raccoon moved into our garage and used most of our Halloween decorations to build a nest a few years ago, I haven't been excited to buy things that will sit in storage.

In the time it has taken me to write this, the boys have finally fallen asleep. Yesterday I cut their hair, and now Benjamin's brown hair looks almost as light as Sammy's blonde.

I just finished reading "Before Green Gables," all about Anne Shirley's early life. Some parts were very sad, like when her parents died, but it was still very good. The author did an excellent job capturing Anne's personality and speech. I want to read the original series again.

Although I could go on, I had better stop before this becomes unbearably long and boring. This is a glimpse into my current life and mind.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

It's not long and boring! I love to get glimpses into your life. That's what makes blogs so great. It helps me feel connected, even when nothing big happens, because that's what our lives are all about.

Boo said...

Thank you! That's why I like your blog, too - the day to day activities are so much fun to read about.