Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ok, Ok, They're Not Monsters

To show you that I realize my children are not always little terrorizing monsters, here are some fun stories and facts about them.

Benjamin's potty training is coming along. Some days are great. Other days his pull-ups make it possible for him to change his own diaper, so to speak. We track his success with potty charts. He comes up with his own rewards when he fills up a chart with stickers. One reward he chose was a pack of M&Ms, which he shared with his brother and sister. Another reward was to visit an airforce museum with the family. He is amazingly considerate for a 3-year-old. Sammy enjoyed the cluster bombs most, and Lisy kept pointing and making airplane noises.

Sammy is quite the precocious child. At the museum I pointed out a plane and said, "Look, this plane is carrying 4 bombs on each side." To which he replied, "No, Mom. It's carrying 3 missiles and 1 bomb on each side." Dominic admitted the kid was right. At least Sammy doesn't go around singing "I'm right, and you're wrong" anymore. That was annoying.

After the museum we rented the movie "Top Gun." I fast-forwarded through all the talking parts so they could fully enjoy the airplane scenes. Benjamin discovered a new way to die. Let me just say that this kid "dies" several times a day. There are the common deaths (guns, sword and lightsaber fights, poisoned cookies, drowning, falling into lava) to the bizarre (running himself down with the toy lawnmower). Now he pretends to be Goose falling out of a plane. He looks at me and says, "I'm Doose. Aaaaaah," and falls down. He cracks me up! Another thing that gets me is when he says, "I'm so cuuute," where cute sounds like teeewt.

Sammy likes to take care of the food. When he is hungry, he raids the fridge and cupboards and puts random things on the table. Then I look through it and narrow it down to what can go together. We've had interesting lunches that way. One day while I was showering too close to lunch time, he spread cool whip on bread. He and Benjamin ate about half the loaf of bread like that, finishing it off. He was very proud of his meal.

Lisy wore her hair in pigtails for the first (successful) time today. It was adorable! Her hair even made little curls, as if I did it on purpose. Of course I don't have a picture, because I still don't know how to upload pictures onto the laptop. She has also been much easier since we started locking the fridge. Oh she screams about it, but the eggs are safe. She really enjoys getting tickled. When we stop, she takes our hands and puts them back on her belly to get tickled again. And finally, she loves to be taken care of. For instance, she enjoys getting her hair washed when it's coated in food, and she's the only one of the 3 who likes getting dressed or getting her diaper changed.

No comments: