Friday, September 26, 2008

Little Debater

Sammy will make a great debater some day. As Dominic put it, "he has the gift of gab." He has always talked a lot, but today he put this skill to great use.

This afternoon Sammy went up to Dominic and said, "I like ginger ale." He then listed all the good qualities of ginger ale. He described how ginger ale is not just for sick people (I give it to the kids when they've got the flu), but it's also a good soda. He went on to mention how each family member could benefit from drinking ginger ale. At the end of his 7 - 8 minute speech, he asked "Dad, can we buy some ginger ale?" By this time (well, a couple minutes into it) Dominic was convinced. So we bought ginger ale this evening.

I only wish I could have heard him.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

how cute! what a smart kid.

Lloyd Abbott Jr. said...

It is both exciting and challenging to have really bright children. I know.