Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Low-key anniversary

Our 7th anniversary was fairly low-key this year. It was better than our 5th anniversary - we were moving across the country and were somewhere in Nebraska. The next day I realized we forgot our anniversary. Oh well, we knew there would be more.

This year our anniversary landed on a Sunday, which made things difficult. Instead of going on a trip, although that would be fun, we bought a new laptop. I get Dominic's old laptop, and the kids get the computer on the fritz. On Sunday Dominic cleaned the living room for me. Of course the boys messed it up within 2 minutes, but he made them clean it up again. Then he had to go to work. So I made him homemade brownies when he came home (he prefers brownies to cake).

Monday, being Labor Day, we just rented The Covenant to watch after the kids went to bed. We actually liked it a lot. It was suspenseful, a bit spooky, and well made. The special effects were very good.

Tuesday evening we hired a babysitter and went out for dinner. We also finished reading the Twilight saga. Good. It took up way to much of our time, though it was an exciting and funny story. So, although we didn't do anything spectacular, it was fun to spread the celebration over several days.

Have I mentioned how grateful I am to be married to Dominic? We balance each other quite well. I help him feel happy and supported and he helps me calm down and relax. After 7 years, he still makes me laugh.

No comments: