Friday, August 29, 2008

Updates

Elisa: Well, both of her traumatized fingers lost the fingernails. The fingers look weird, but they don't seem to bother her. Several people have assured me that her nails will grow back just fine, without deformities, because she's so young. I hope so.

Benjamin: He is very ready to get potty trained, and I'm sticking with it this time. I gave up too quickly (after only half a day) the last few times. I just quit when he started to resist or had a couple of accidents. This time I'm devoting most of my attention to him, and after 3 days it seems to be working. He likes to flush the toilet and sing, "Bye-bye, my pee!" (he came up with that, not me)

Sammy: He is getting good at hitting them with the flyswatter. He usually kills at least one fly every time he gets the flyswatter. Often the flyswatter magically becomes a sword with which to hit everything. They make weapons out of anything.

Dominic: He was accepted at Walden University into his doctorate program! Classes start after Labor Day. Since it's an on-line school, he can still work without changing his schedule. And since he received his Master's from them, they're giving him a discount on tuition.

Me: After the race I gave myself a little break from running, but the break kept getting longer. I finally came up with new goals to keep myself going. Old goals - run 3 times a week and get in shape for a race. New goals - run 4 to 5 times a week and lose weight. You see, I went down to my pre-pregnancy size but never lost the weight. My aim is to get within a healthy BMI (body mass index) range.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hey!!! Hi "Boo" (not sure if you want me referring to you by name--you know who you are!)...I'm so happy you found my blog! Mind if I link to yours? You have 3 kids now! I think last I saw you back at the reunion you had just barely had #2, right? or maybe you only had #1 and I'm thinking of someone else who'd just had a baby. Way to go on the running...I've been running too but I haven't done a 5K in years though I'd love to.

We were in Yellowstone earlier this summer too...last week of June so I guess we missed each other by a couple weeks.

Anyway...it's great to hear from you & I'd love to keep in touch a little better!