Friday, May 9, 2008

"Iron Man"

What a great movie! Good music, great special effects, likable characters, awesome outfit, need I go on? The bad guy was really bad, too; he oozed badness. Not for children, but it didn't have the graphic violence like the Spiderman movies (I was disappointed that they advertised it as a kids film, then they had fight scenes that even I couldn't watch). Whenever it looked like I wouldn't want to watch a scene, they stopped just in time (sigh of relief). Halfway through the movie, Dominic said he couldn't wait to see the next one. I told him to finish watching this movie first.

Speaking of movies, I haven't written a review in awhile. Here are a few:

Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was cute, but the best part was Benjamin's reaction. Every few minutes he would laugh and say, "chipmunks!"

Underdog. A big improvement on the cartoon. It had a few really funny lines, too. The kids lost the dvd, but I don't think it's worth owning.

Cloverfield. Dominic enjoyed watching "a good monster movie." I spent half the movie hiding my eyes.

Bee Movie. The kids loved it, but all the inaccuracies annoyed me. I know I know - it's just a cartoon, so I'll stop.

Beowulf. Have I already mentioned this one? I have mixed feelings about it. It resembled the epic poem. Some of the changes gave it continuity that the poem lacks. Other changes, like Grendel's mother, made it feel too hollywoodized. I don't recommend it.

No comments: