Monday, May 5, 2008

Hoped-for memories

I am not much of a housekeeper. Cleaning is not one of my favorite activities. And I have finally come to terms with that. But I hope my children remember the things I'm doing with them instead, such as:

-blowing bubbles on the front porch
-"helping" me cook (mostly just stirring)
-playing Stuck Monster
-tickling/wrestling and laughing
-evening walks
-snuggling after naps
-snuggling during scary parts of movies
-reading
-visiting museums
-water games (in the summer)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Those are definitely the things they'll remember. Just hide the evidence (ie pictures) and the housekeeping won't even occur to them.

Boo said...

It's funny you mention that. When I take pictures, I usually have to move the mess aside so you can focus on the kids, not the mess.