Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday snapshot

We had a wonderful day. Here are some of the highlights.

Elisa almost took a step, but I think she just steadied herself while standing up, which she does more frequently. During sacrament meeting, she played under the pew with a ball she found.

Benjamin went to nursery without a hitch (yea!). He didn't even notice I left. This afternoon he pretended to be Nephi and kept breaking his bow. Tonight he was not tired at bedtime due to a long nap. After the other two were asleep, Benjamin and I read books. I don't often get one-on-one time with him, so tonight was very sweet.

Sammy prefers to hold the left side of the stroller when we cross a street during our evening walks. Who knows what's wrong with the right side? Last night (not today, but it was funny) we went to a spaghetti dinner at church. On the way out they gave us left-over spaghetti in a ziplock bag, and Sammy went around showing everyone the "dead worms."

Preparing dinner tonight I sang and danced around the kitchen. The kids are used to it and think I'm silly. If they were 10 years older, they'd probably roll their eyes and leave the room. But for now they're happy watching me have fun.

After dinner we had about half an hour until bedtime. I gave the boys 2 options: go on a walk or play "World of Warcraft." They unanimously and emphatically chose the walk. I was impressed.

Dominic will be calling me soon, once he gets out of work. Normally he can come home and relax, knowing the next day is his rest day - he catches up on his missed sleep. He's working tomorrow, so I hope he can still relax.

No comments: