Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mini vacation

Before I begin, I just want to mention that Elisa took 2 steps to Sammy last night and still refuses to walk to me. (sigh)

Last week we took a day trip to Salt Lake City. We forgot how to get to the zoo, so instead we went to Liberty Park and fed 2 loaves of bread to the ducks, geese and seagulls. Dominic was able to get some geese and ducks to eat out of his hand. We had lunch at the cafe, where our kids amused everyone. Sammy told people his name is Clever Me. Why? I don't know. Probably the same reason he used to tell people he was Bug Bug Green Bean.

Unfortunately we had to drop off Dominic at work. So I took the children to the Bountiful temple and explained that Daddy and I were married there. The weather was beautiful, and we enjoyed playing on the grass.

We went to see a movie, and everyone (but me) fell asleep on the drive over. We arrived early enough to give them a half hour nap. We watched "Nim's Island," and I enjoyed it. The boys liked it, too, but the hurricane scenes scared Benjamin.

Sammy wanted to eat dinner at Applebee's to see the talking apple, like in the commercials. There were a lot of apples but none talked. I'm going to brag: we all had enough to eat and the bill, plus tip, came to $15. Yeah, I know how to order.

We spent the rest of the evening at the mall. I finally found the play place in an obvious spot, after walking all over the mall. In my defense I had another mall layout in mind and kept missing it.

Then we picked up Dominic from work and met a couple of his co-workers. One of them was trying to be funny and sat in our car, saying "Ok, let's go." Benjamin was too tired and cried a lot. She felt bad and kept apologizing for traumatizing him.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Isn't it frustrating when those fun commercials aren't strictly accurate? I remember a certain niece coming home from shopping, saying, "Mom bought fruit gushers! Now our heads will turn into fruit!" One of those you-can't-always-trust-commercials lessons.