Monday, November 5, 2007

Mexican food

Beware of ordering food in another language. Dominic sent me to get some food from an authentic Mexican restaurant. Since the menu was in Spanish, I was a little hesitant but thought I knew enough to understand a menu. However, when Dominic asked me what I got, I said, "Carne asada, a burrito, miso something-or-other, and something else I can't remember." He laughed and said he looked forward to a surprise meal. It turned out that I did in fact order carne asada, and a smothered green burrito. The miso was actually Mole, and finally soup, which I didn't realize I got at the time. But it was all delicious, so I think I did a good job despite the language barrier.

Movie review: Jackie Chan's The Myth. I really enjoyed this one. I liked how it blended the past and present, history and fantasy, and the various Asian cultures. The martial arts and stunts were fun to watch, of course. The cinematography was beautiful. The ending was very non-American; I appreciated it that way, because it felt more Chinese, like The House of Flying Daggers. Yes, I recommend The Myth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.