Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cat in the garage

I feel so productive this weekend. On Friday I packed away all the kids' summer and out-grown clothes. Then on Saturday I put away the Halloween decorations. Fortunately we don't have any Thanksgiving decorations, because I don't have the motivation to put up anything for it. And I still need to sort through my clothes - all my winter, summer and pregnancy clothes are piled around the room, and I think the piles are merging. The best part about puttting the boxes in the garage is that I found our cat.

She occasionally disappears for a few days at a time, so I wasn't worried about not seeing her since Tuesday (the day I brought out the winter clothes). Walking toward the garage I heard loud and pitiful mewing. When I opened the door, she ran out and immediately celebrated by rolling in the dirt. She followed me around like a puppy dog and even let the kids catch her. She has been sitting in my lap a lot more this weekend, even if Elisa is already in my arms (the cat usually doesn't like getting her fur pulled by a curious baby).

By the way, Elisa is turning over! She did it the first time last week. Then she turned over again today and started crying; I guess it scared her :)

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

MaryRuth,

I'm having such a hard time putting all the kid's summer clothes away! Most of them are still stacked on the shelf on the top of their closets. Finally, last week I started just tossing them into one huge plastic container and I'm going to label it Summer 2007 and try to remember what age my kids were this year when I need a certain size clothing. I have so much clothes with twins it's crazy!

Megan