Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Promised pictures

I finally braved the cold and wind to get these fabulous pictures. I really like this style, because it reminds me of the houses where I grew up. Dominic thinks it's a tad boring, though; his dream house is a Victorian. He's planning on adding decorative trim, and I'll hang up plants and a bird feeder in the Spring.


The backyard has this great playset, and despite the weather, the kids are spending a lot more time outside. We also have these garden boxes that I look forward to learning how to use to grow something edible. That area with no boxes is a strawberry patch - apparently they thrive here.















Here are a couple of inside shots. First, Lisy is trying out the window seat in a bedroom. Who needs cushions? And Benjamin found a comfy seat in this corner cabinet, which now holds my mixing bowls. I think it's adorable that all the kids like to sit there and talk to me while I'm cooking.












I'll share more interior pictures as I complete the rooms.

5 comments:

Jen said...

A little like Rock Creek Dr., except the porch and garage really add a lot (plus the dormer windows are a nice detail). And what a super back yard! Yay, play thing! Also I've been thinking of making garden boxes in my yard, too, but I'll have to pay attention to the sunlight patterns to find a good spot. Anyway, it looks great.

Hilary said...

what a beautiful home! I love the style, inside and out.

Daniel -n- Teri said...

What a pretty house MaryRuth! How exciting! I love the backyard :)

kristen said...

What a beautiful and spacious house and yard! I am so happy for you - it looks great!

Ellen said...

So cool! I think it will look great with plants on the porch and you can't beat strawberries in the backyard. I'm so excited for you to have a window seat!