Friday, January 15, 2010

Learning curve

As my sister Jen pointed out when she moved, you can never transfer a kitchen as-is. You will always need to make adjustments. I have found the same to be true with kitchen appliances. It seems I need a bit of time to learn how to cook in my new kitchen.

There was no school today (something about it being the end of term), so I took the time to make a big country breakfast. Wouldn't you know it? My new stove runs a bit hotter than I'm used to - I burned everything. Only the biscuits were spared, but just because it's a cool oven and I had to leave them in a bit longer than usual. I felt like the stereotypical new wife who can't cook. At least no one complained.

2 comments:

Jen said...

So many adjustments when you move. I'm not sure what to say when people ask if we're all settled in--it's a yes on some levels, like emptying boxes and establishing a daily routine, but no on other things, like finding the stores that tend to run special deals. By the way, I love the Quote of the Week this week.

Boo said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I already feel partially settled, because I know the town and don't get lost driving home.

Thanks! I hope I remember well enough. She said it during a lesson around Christmas.