Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day, the Good and the Bad

Good: I didn't have to do any cooking! Dominic did it all, and the food was delicious.

Bad: Mealtime conversations were replaced with choruses of coughing from all the sickies.

Good: I slept a lot and wore my bathrobe all day.

Bad: I woke up from my nap to the sound of Lisy crunching on cough drops. She ate almost an entire bag! She was very happy, sticky and red, but I was coughing.

Good: Because it was Mother's day, I didn't have to prepare a Relief Society lesson.

Bad: We were too sick to go to church, and I missed the encouraging, heart-warming messages about moms and women in general.

Good: The newspaper was filled with the heart-warming stuff, which inspired me to call my sisters and sisters-in-law.

Bad: I couldn't call them all in one day (I have a big family).

Good: Dominic said nice things to the kids about me all day that helped me feel loved and appreciated.

1 comment:

Missa said...

Good: Getting a fun call from you and catching up.

Bad: No, I guess it was all good. :)