Thursday, May 7, 2009

Doctors and Star Trek

Funny story from the doctor's office today. My family has come down with a cold, and the doctor was obviously concerned that I might have the flu, which I don't. She asked if I had a fever or felt really hot lately. Well, I haven't taken my temperature, but I'm 9 months pregnant so of course I'm feeling hot (remember Father of the Bride 2?). Then she asked if I was feeling achy. Again, I'm 9 months pregnant and thus ache everywhere. So she gave up and told me to call the office if my symptoms worsen. She knows medicine better than I do, but sometimes you have to consider your audience before asking certain questions.

Star Trek opened up today! Yes, we saw it, and it was excellent. I appreciated how they kept true to the characters' personalities, and the inside jokes were a lot of fun. We dragged the kids along - didn't want to bring a babysitter into our sick house. Lisy kept trying to escape or get into the diaper bag. Benjamin almost fell asleep several times. Samuel repeatedly asked to go home. However, the end was exciting enough that they all gave it a good review.

No comments: