Saturday, December 13, 2008

Settling in

Pictures at last! First, the nice one. Next, the one with personality:










I want to begin this post by saying that I love my husband very much. While I was at Relief Society this week, Dominic put together the living room and put away most of the boxes. He even set up and organized the bookcase. It feels like a home now: places to sit and no boxes tripping us up.

Dominic's surprise made me feel so good that I decorated for Christmas. Sammy, I mean Samuel, is thrilled to have a tree up and lights outside like everyone else. One surprise I didn't expect was a missing ornament box. It's either misplaced or mislabeled. So I bought garlands and bows and candy canes, making it look like our first Christmas tree. The kids really liked helping me decorate, until Lisy found out the candy canes were edible. I doubt many will survive the next 2 weeks.

Our next-door neighbors are very nice. They're they only ones who have greeted us, they brought us pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving, and their daughter is a lot like Sierra. So I gave them cookies, which they couldn't stop raving about. OK, here's my secret ingredient: add one package of instant chocolate pudding mix along with the flour. No one even notices that I use whole wheat flour ;)

As a follow-up from my last post, thank you so much for your comment, Marrisse. I decided to enlist my children's help. We had a family home evening about how Heavenly Father doesn't like fighting and yelling, but He is happy when we're peacemakers. Mommy is more emotional than usual and needs extra help. Since families help each other, I suggested they say "breathe Mom" when I yell. Then I'll stop and take a deep, calming breath. They really liked that idea. Though they never tell me to breathe until after I've stopped, I do give them lots of hugs and thank them for helping.

Now that I'm safely in the second trimester, I announce to the world that I'm expecting baby #4. I'm due in May on Lisy's 2nd birthday. Dominic notes that pregnancy increases the volume of my voice. What can I say? Some women cry, and I yell. It is temporary, but I feel bad for my little ones, which is why I'm working on it.

3 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

I love your pictures, MaryRuth! Thanks, Marrisse too for your comment! Sometimes I think everyone else is a better Mother than I am. It's good to know that the people I admire also have hard times too!

Carol said...

Congratulations, MaryRuth!!! I'm glad things are working out...it all sounds terribly stressful and I'd be right there yelling with you (and trying hard not to at the same time). Your kids are cute! Congrats!!!

Boo said...

I started blogging to help me focus on the positive. As it evolved into a journal, I decided to let people know that my life isn't always rosy but also how I handle it. I'm glad it helps others.