Sunday, December 7, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We have a house! Yea! The rental company was really nice and worked very hard to get us in before Thanksgiving so we wouldn't have to stay in a hotel for 4 more days. The children were very happy and ran all over the place. That night the Bishop's wife of our new ward brought over dinner.

Thanksgiving day we were thankfully moving into our new home. We did take a break to eat a wonderful meal at Golden Corral, after which Dominic and I took naps. Benjamin wasn't feeling well, and in fact he had a fever most of the morning. He only drank soda at dinner, then he felt much better after throwing up.

We still have boxes everywhere, so there's no room for a Christmas tree yet. However, we did set up the kitchen, bathrooms, washer & dryer, and stuffed all the toys in the play room. Ok, I love having a play room. Who cares if it's a mess? The toys are out of the living areas!

There are a few things I always thought I would like, and now I know I love them: pantry, walk-in closet, and garage. All 3 really help me organize and de-clutter, areas in which I need a lot of help.

Although the children seem to like it here, they are still adjusting. Sammy found a picture of his friend Sierra and started to cry. Benjamin screams at the slightest provocation and is biting again. Lisy laughs after hitting and kicking her brothers. (sigh) I wish I could be the stability they need, but I've been very emotional lately. However, the nice weather helps, and I stick to our morning and evening routines. (As a side note, I'm grateful Sammy starts school next year, once we're fully settled in.)

2 comments:

Missa said...

One day at a time, MaryRuth. Every family has times when everything runs smoothly and you're the mother you want to be. And then there's the other 360 days of the year. I have this quote from Pres. Hinckley in my kitchen. "I feel to invite women everywhere to rise to the great potential within you. I do not ask that you reach beyond your capacity. I hope you will not nag yourselves with thoughts of failure...I hope you will simply do what you can do in the best way you know. If you do so, you will witness miracles come to pass." I always feel that gives me hope on the days when I can only manage to put the kids in front of the TV and have take out pizza for dinner. I know that sometime soon I will spend the day doing something worthwhile with my kids and we will have homemade food for dinner. Congratulations on your house!! I am so excited for you I can hardly stand it. Things will get better. They always do. Eventually.

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

Yay you are in Caldwell! Well we will definitely have to get together soon, sometime after Christmas. We live in Boise on campus at BSU.