Monday, March 17, 2008

Children make us laugh

Here is Dominic playing World of Warcraft; Benjamin can fall asleep anywhere; Elisa kept trying to "type;" and Sammy was watching his dad play the game.




The kids are often saying and doing funny little things. Here are a few before I forget.

Sammy: I said, "Benjamin's feet, come here so I can put on your shoes;" he ignored me. Sammy laughing, said "silly feet!" Why? "Because they won't come to you."

The boys thought they wanted Slim Jims (the super greasy beef jerky). Benjamin took a bite and handed it back. Sammy put one in his mouth and declared he didn't like it. I insisted he take one bite (our rule with new food), but he refused. So he told Benjamin to be a dinosaur. Benjamin got down on all fours and growled. "Are you hungry?" Growl, growl. "This is dinosaur food!" and hand-fed the Slim Jim to Benjamin. I don't know if I'm annoyed to see Sammy manipulate Benjamin so easily, or if I'm impressed with Sammy's creativity to get Benjamin to eat something he didn't like.

Benjamin: Yesterday morning he came out of his bedroom wearing a hooded sweatshirt with the hood pulled over his head, singing Darth Vader's theme song. Then he pulled off the hood and said, "I not evil anymore."

The other day I saw Benjamin surrounding the base of his bed with the big toys (such as the riding toys) and the vent cover. I reminded him not to play with the vent cover, then I picked it up and put it back. Suddenly, the cat came running out from under the bed and out of the room. The poor cat had been taking a nap under the bed, and Benjamin was trying to keep her there. He was sad when she left.

Elisa: She puts the handle of her binky in her mouth and laughs. She also holds small toys or socks in her mouth and crawls around. So far I haven't gotten any pictures, but I'm working on it.

Last week she took Benjamin's dinner roll; he was quite incensed. When he reached for it, she clutched the roll tighter, turned away, and hurriedly ate it. Dominic says that Benjamin and Elisa are arch nemeses because they're always taking things away from eachother.

Pronunciation guide: Elisa is eh-LEE-suh
We usually call her Lisy, lee-see, like our cousin
And occasionally I call her Isa, which is EE-suh.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

thanks for the pronunciation guide! now i'll know what to call her when i see her:)
hilary