Tuesday, March 25, 2008

5K foolishness?

I am going to run a 5K fun run in July. Why, you ask? Well, it's like this: our stake is celebrating its 100th anniversary in July, and one of the celebratory activities is a run through all the wards in the stake. I haven't run seriously since high school, but I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Today I bought a pair of running shoes (half price!) and ran for 10 minutes. I wanted to quit after 4 minutes, but my goal was 10 and I did it. Unfortunately it took me several hours to recover fully. Should I blame it on the altitude? Nah, after living here 18 months, I'm just out of shape. That's when I started to think this might not be such a good idea. The run is in 4 months, so I have plenty of time to prepare. At least it's not a marathon.

P.S. Sammy had so much fun hunting Easter eggs yesterday that he's been hiding and finding them all day today. All but 2 eggs are either cracked or completely caved-in.

No comments: