Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Graduation and Birthday


Yeah Dominic! This was his weekend. On Sunday Walden University granted his Master's degree. It will arrive in 6-8 weeks. It's finally over!! What do we do now? Who knows, but at least that hurdle (or mountain) is behind us.

And then, Dominic turned 29 on Monday. Yes, he is younger than me, but only by 15 months. Unfortunately we have all been sick this weekend. Not quite the flu, but a miserable head cold. We just sat on the couch and watched t.v. The wonderful Chinese food dinner I planned turned into frozen pizza, and brownie bites replaced the cake. I made the dinner tonight, and we did the cake, candles and presents yesterday. In the attached picture, we have the lovely Lisy modeling yellow cake with chocolate frosting.

Movie review: The Invasion. I thought it was very good. There were a few places I covered my eyes, but it wasn't necessary - the music and suspense led me to think it would be. Dominic, who saw the 1970's version, said this one wasn't as scary (fine with me). It seems to us that filmmakers have forgotten how to use suspense to make a movie truly scary; nowadays they rely too much on the gross factor. But without anything to compare it too, I fully enjoyed this movie.

2 comments:

Llama said...

Congrats to Dominic! I'm so proud of you sweetheart - of course, I always have been and always will be! I enjoyed the movie Invasion also. I certainly thought it was scary enough! Love, Llama

Boo said...

If you really want to be scared, watch "I am Legend." I was forwarned, so all the lights were on. However, I still hid behind a pillow.