Friday, February 1, 2008

Christmas tree myths debunked

I'd like to share a few things I learned about Christmas trees and children. Myth #1: Put the fragile at the top of the tree, where they will be safe. 2 problems - balls and lightsabers. To quote Sammy, "I don't know why it broke. All I did was throw this (a ball) at the tree." And lightsabers can reach much higher than little arms. Myth #2: Fake trees don't lose their needles. Well, lightsaber battles near the tree don't help. Plus, the needles fall off in droves when a rolly-polly toddler lifts up his shirt and charges tummy-first into the tree, repeatedly.

Cute Sammy story: Sammy was trying to go somewhere, but Elisa was in the way. He said, "Move, Lisy. C'mon, Lisy, move out of the way. Why isn't she moving?" So I had to explain that although she can crawl, she doesn't yet understand what we're saying (but she does recognize her name).

Cute Benjamin story: Lately Benjamin will state in all seriousness, "I a boy." Once I asked him what that meant. His reply, " I a daddy dinosaur (pronounced die-o-or)." The next time I asked the same question, he said, "Me!"

No comments: