Monday, December 3, 2012

Confesson

I like my stationary bike a lot, but not for the reason that you're thinking of. It was a great find from a second-hand store: $15 and the only thing that doesn't work is the speedometer (why would you want to know how fast you're going if you're not going anywhere?). Yes, it is nice to workout inside during the temperature extremes of Summer and Winter. Yes, I'm glad my children see me exercise and want to do it, too. Yes, I like feeling productive while watching tv. But the main reason I like my classic Schwinn stationary bike is because when there is no room on the couches, I can still sit on my bike to watch tv. My bike can never get cluttered.

3 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Fun! I'm thinking of getting a bike with my Birthday/Subbing money. I hope to go on rides with the kids, rides by myself, etc. but am worried that it may just sit in the garage!

Jen said...

And no one tries to join you/climb on you while you're on the bike? Sounds like a bonus. I like going to the gym because that's almost the only time I watch TV.

Boo said...

Megan - I never had my own bicycle growing up. This is my first bike! (Unless big wheels count.)

Jen - Actually, Makayla tries to climb up on me. I tried to hold her once when she was sick; it didn't work. Now I put her in the highchair with lots to eat and drink before I start.