Friday, November 30, 2012

Scripture time

Sometimes we can read scriptures and have a meaningful discussion. Sometimes we can barely get one verse read before the kids melt down, and we wrestle them into bed. Occasionally one or more of the children fall asleep, and we have to carry them up to bed. Tonight was different from them all.

First, the children all piled onto Dominic. I started reading, but the kids were too noisy. Dominic shooed them off, settled them down, and I started reading again but had to stop. Makayla kept laughing; turns out I was absent mindedly tickling her. Oops. Okay, I stopped tickling her and started reading again. But then Samuel started laughing a lot. Benjamin said, "Stop laughing, Samuel! Stop laughing!" He looked up at us; "I'm tickling him," he said with a big grin. Let's try again. I read quickly, getting a little louder at the end to talk over the rising noise level. At least no one laughed again. Rachel was the first one to get serious, so she got to say the family prayer.