Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Handprints on the Wall

I had a moment of motivation, and I cleaned the walls and window in the room we call our den. As I sat on the floor scrubbing dirty handprints off the wall, I thought wistfully, "My youngest is now 2. Just a few more years until I won't have to deal with this anymore."

Then I remembered my teenage years when my mom complained about handprints on the ceiling (we held contests to see who could jump the highest). And I had an epiphany: I will always have to deal with handprints; just the heighth will change. Oh well.

Image borrowed from flickr.com

1 comment:

Jen said...

For primary we considered having the kids do some kind of handprint art with a poem someone found about "you're going to miss these little handprints when I'm big." But that was too ambitious for the time we had. Handprints are easier to appreciate/miss when you don't have to clean them!