Thursday, May 19, 2011

Makayla Grace


Makayla is eight weeks old today! She is certainly a welcome addition to our family. Unfortunately I lost the camera cord that uploads pictures, so these are all from the first month.



Getting ready to go home.


Weighing 7 pounds 12 ounces at birth, Makayla was my smallest baby by far. The others, in order of birth weight: Samuel (8 lbs 9 oz), Elisa (8 lbs 10 oz), Rachel (8 lbs 11 oz), and Benjamin (9 lbs), who never could wear newborn clothes.


Samuel does his best to take good care of her when I ask for help. He is very good at calming her down and holding her. I took Makayla into his class, and he was excited to do a little show-and-tell presentation. His teacher also enjoyed holding the baby.








Benjamin will look at her and say, "She's just so cute!" Then he either kisses her a lot, or he grabs the camera to take a picture. I think he has taken more pictures of her than anyone else.

An example of his work:













Lisy loves her baby sister, but she isn't old enough to really take care of her like she thinks she can.









She and Rachel both call her "Mataya," which is just so cute.

Here Rachel is showing me Makayla's mouth.











I love taking Makayla out in public. Since she is so little, we get a lot of sweet comments.










A strange thing I've noticed with each new baby, regardless of where we were living, is people always ask if the baby I'm holding is my first. With Sammy I was surprised that people always knew. Did I look like a first-time mom? Nah, it's just a universal question. Now I just laugh and say, "Nope, she's my fifth!"

3 comments:

Hilary said...

oh my goodness, so cute!! I love all the kids' reactions to her. it's so fun to have big adoring siblings.

Mrs Abbott said...

She is just adorable! I love it! Can't wait to meet her one day!

Missa said...

Yea! Pictures! She is so sweet! I love all the pictures with your kids holding her. Those are the best pictures.