Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Beached Whale Baker

L-R: Samuel, Me, Lisy, Benjamin and Rachel at Downtown Disney on New Year's Eve.

So it has been a little while since my last post. Life has been a bit busy. To sum up life since my last post: Lisy turned 3, we went camping a couple of times, attended a wedding, bought a house and got a cat, visited family and had family visit, and spent Christmas vacation in California for Dominic's schooling. Oh, and I can't forget to mention that I'm pregnant with baby #5.

I am in my third trimester, which I affectionately call "the beached whale stage," because I feel huge and don't have the energy to do anything. However, my nesting instinct has kicked in. I want to bake. A lot.

Since coming home about 2 weeks ago, I've baked bread (3x), muffins, cookies, brownies, and more casseroles than usual. Somehow I haven't been able to keep up on the laundry or house cleaning, but we've all been well-fed.

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

You all look so good! Benjamin has gotten so much taller. All the kids have! You look great, MaryRuth! You may be like a beached whale but you are a cute beached whale! :)

Boo said...

Thanks, Megan. You're very sweet :)